Albert J. Macksood, M.D., son of a Lebanese immigrant-physician, Joseph Macksood, M.D., returned home to Flint on July 1, 1963, after completing his surgical training with Dr. D. Emerick Szilagyi at Henry Ford Hospital in Detroit. Dr. Szilagyi was one of the original pioneers in peripheral vascular surgery having performed one of the world’s first abdominal aortic aneurysm repairs in 1952. Dr. Macksood brought skills to Flint few in the country possessed. These were the formative years for our specialty. Joining his father, Joseph Macksood, M.D. a family physician and his older brother William (Bill) Macksood, M.D. a general surgeon, he moved into the Macksood Medical Building on Pierson Road built in 1961. There were so many Macksoods we simply called them, Dr. Joe, Dr. Bill, and Dr. Al.